About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, mother, teacher and friend. These are my stories.

Monday, December 27, 2010

First Annual List of Accomplishments or “Firsts” (2010 Edition)


Had ice form on my bike clothes while riding in the morning during the winter

Celebrated the passage of time (my oldest daughter turned 21) with a bunch of women in SF & later in the year drank a shot with her & went dancing

Saw my son play college lacrosse

Puked while on a bike ride previewing a course (a touch of the flu, but still…) 

Completed both short and longer distance Sprint Triathlons 

Lost 3 toenails from running in one race (it was hot & shoes too short)

Finished Olympic Distance Triathlon, despite long week of no sleep

Note: 3 goals of having fun, finishing and not puking were accomplished in all events (but not previewing courses with a touch of the stomach flu, obviously)

Went to Wisconsin & then a road trip to Nashville w/ sister & family (& saw all the states in between)

Ate at the Cracker Barrel on ^ above mentioned road trip, got only slightly sick to my stomach (I see a theme is developing here)

Was given a new moniker “Gin Kitty” by my nephew (did not involve gin, btw)

Ran my first trail run

Joined a writing group

Started a blog

Got up at 5:30 to run 2-3 mornings a week with like-minded friends

Had my first “professional matchmaker” date, and liked the guy enough to go out and become friends

Rode my old mountain bike on crazy switchbacks in Tahoe & ate dirt

Rode a rented mountain bike on The Flume Trail in Tahoe & hugged granite

Swam pretty darn far in Lake Tahoe, no wetsuit

Biked up Old Hwy 40, followed by swim in Donner Lake

Kayaked

Used a paddle board, loved it

Completed a ride down the Truckee River w/ entire family & saved mom/grandma from getting dumped

Completed first bike tour down the CA coast visiting organic farms & learning it's about the journey

Pitched a one-man tent 

Took a flippin cold “bath” in creek

Completed first ½ marathon while chatting w/ a friend, (we all wore costumes which involved pearls, fishnets, feathers and skirts, even the men)

Attended 2 day Treasure Island music festival w/16 year old daughter & was only 46 year old in sight

Experienced my first road rash, damn pinecone

Rode bike in rain with Gortex jacket (I am now a believer in Gortex)

Learned that butterfly feelings can still exist, even at age 46 & contrary to what others may say

Wore a size 6 again, and it was baggy

Shoveled a snowy driveway

Drove while it was snowing w/ chains

Snow shoeing at Taylor Creek

Developed my first chafing & bleeding from running, sports bra band was involved (had body butter, just forgot to use it)

Ran up to 15 miles with dorky fuel belt no less

Grew a wee bit wiser in the ways of love and relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment