About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, mother, teacher and friend. These are my stories.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Eating Crap

Let's be honest. We've all done it. Today I did. I ate crap. LOTS of it. As I sit here typing I have a "food baby" that feels like I'm carrying a 7 pounder. I want to give birth because it feels so heavy and gross.

Here is my crap recap:

A semi-healthy small bowl of cereal with soy milk at home

Got to work and then ate a slice (or two)  of disgusting lemon coffee cake with filling from our local grocery store.

Red vine licorice (several pieces)

1-1/2 carrot cake cupcakes w/ gross canned cream cheese frosting

A McDonald's plain hamburger in a desperate attempt to keep it semi-healthy

One bag of small fries w/ yes, a Diet Coke 

(On a side note: Did you know Mickey D's has fat and calorie content listed on their paper wrappers apparently? I actually had an okay caloric intake, but the content and quality is an entirely different topic up for discussion).

In short, if there were a contest for eating crap today, I win.

How do I feel about it? Not great. Not good. I'm going to go swim this evening in 50+ degree fresh water. I will don a wetsuit and swim a mile or so in an attempt to burn a little bit of the sugar and fat laden foods from my overloaded system.

The reality is that more often than not, I eat healthy. Lots of green stuff. Very little inflammatory foods. Nuts, avocado, olive oil and other good fats. Almond milk or soy.  Fruit. Fish. Chicken. Water. LOTS of water.

Today? Not so much. I will wipe my crystallized sugared lips and begin my swim in a little while. When I wake up and attend a breakfast honoring my daughter, the almost-graduated nursing student. I will make healthy choices. My food baby will disappear and I'll feel better. I'll run and bike this weekend. 
But every once in a while I will have an eating crap-filled day. Some days are just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment