About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, mother, teacher and friend. These are my stories.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Escape From Alcatraz Training: Week #1

Escape From Alcatraz Weekly Training Recap

Week #1
Tuesday-It was a cold start, by California standards.



Wednesday-I rode my bike up Mt. Diablo for about an hour and witnessed a beautiful sunset.



Thursday-I ran 4 miles in the early morning and witnessed a beautiful sunrise.


Friday-"off" My daughter had a "slumber" party with 7 high school seniors who were up until 4am. I gave up and worked on report cards in my bedroom until 1am.

Saturday-I ran 8 miles with my running partner while wearing a headlamp so we could see. It was 7:30pm and 42 degrees (perfect!).

Sunday-A group of us from Forward Motion went for the Sunday bike ride, the rain started pouring so we had to turn around after 20 miles. I was cold, wet and had mud on my face. I thought the man at Peets Coffee was mesmerized with my recounting of the ride. It was only the dirt.

Monday-"off" I had a teacher work day, more report cards!

Fundraising Totals: $1,540

I also heard from Cindy Sherwin's mom, Elaine Schaller. I am touched.
---------------------------------
Together we can make a difference.

Please donate.
To donate or learn more about  The Brain Aneurysm Foundation please go to this link:








No comments:

Post a Comment